Saturday, August 22, 2009

Week ending 23 August 2009

This week has passed in a blur... it's now only a week until Spring, and before we know it, Christmas decorations will be going up! What happened to the first half of this year, where did it go??!!

On Monday night I received a call from the RDNS (Royal District Nursing Service)... they were planning a special afternoon tea to thank their staff for a great effort, and would I be able to fit them in? Well, fit them in I did (the RDNS was a huge help to my husband and I after he suffered an incredibly serious illness last year), and below is the result... I was really happy with how they looked, they fit the brief perfectly (not pretty, but classy and elegant), and best of all, the client was thrilled.

These cupcakes were a mixture of Vanilla Bean, Chocolate Fudge and Citrus Delight cupcakes. All with ivory fondant over vanilla bean buttercream, and decorated with white royal icing accented with edible lustre, and white mini blossoms and pearls, also highlighted with edible lustre.

Also on the workboard for this week was to get the designs finalised for our next magazine shoot, coming up in early September. I'm pretty happy with the final concept - now the challenge is to translate that concept into cupcakes! I'll give you a sneak peak once the cakes are done... then the magazine itself doesn't publish until all the way into next January! (which is only 4 months and one week away - ack!!)

This week we also had another Target shoot... the shot looks fantastic, and the catalogue will be in letterboxes in about 6 weeks. I'll post the page up once I see it.

Next week is jam-packed with client appointments, and we also have a little girl's birthday to celebrate... I'm looking forward to those! Then it's head down and bum up as we plunge head first into the wedding season...

No comments:

Post a Comment